Skip to content

Level 2 UAL Diploma in Creative Media Production & Technology

  • WINDSOR COLLEGE
  • LEVEL 2

Course Overview

This is a one year qualification that will allow you to study and create a variety of different media. The two main focuses of the course will be moving image and print media.

You will have the opportunity to create short films, digital audio editing, as well as page layout and design. This is underpinned by theoretical knowledge and industry and audience awareness.

Course Code

FF2CMED1W0

End Date

Fri, 23 May 2025

Entry Requirements

Requires four GCSEs, three at grade 3 and one at grade 2, including English or maths at grade 3.
Alternatively, three GCSEs, two at grade 3 and on...

Course information

Over several units, you will be introduced to the basics of camerawork, visual narrative and audio and visual editing. The software used is industry standard and will give you a real opportunity to be creative. You will also be introduced to print media, which is still an integral part of the modern creative media industry. Flyers, brochures, magazine and CD covers may be designed as part of the course. Finally, you will learn about the wider creative media sectors such as regulation, business and job roles within one of the biggest sectors in the UK.

1 Year

In class, face to face.

This course is assessed predominantly through coursework. However, there are two mandatory exams, one focussing on audience, the other in industry, which equates to 25% of your overall grade. The remaining 75% is split into specialist units and assessed internally.

Level 2 UAL Diploma in Creative Media Production & Technology

Regular Q&As and masterclasses from industry professionals. Trips to Harry Potter Studios and Pinewood Futures festival.

Alternatively, you could use your creative multi-media and IT skills to get a job as a junior graphic designer or as a runner for a film or television production company. The practical and team-working skills you will learn on this course are also highly valued by Retail and IT based employers

Level 2

Book an open day & come visit us!

Come along to one of our open days and explore everything on offer.